An integral part of scientific research is the publication of research results in quality journals. Below, you will find links to the lists of reviewed and impacted journals which are crucial in terms of evaluating research results.
Mendel University in Brno publishes its own journal, Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis. The journal is indexed in the SCOPUS database. For more information on publishing opportunities, click here.
The Faculty of Business and Economics of Mendel University in Brno publishes its own peer-reviewed journal, European Journal of Business Science and Technology. For more information about the journal and publishing opportunities, see here.
- Web of Science Journal List
- Web of Science Journal Browser
- Scopus Journal List
- EconLit Journal List
- Handelsblatt Journal Ranking 2015
- Create your ResearcherID
- Create your ORCID
Available statistical software
For data processing and the use of advanced statistical methods, the STATA, SPSS and MATLAB software is available. A complete overview of the software at MENDELU with contact persons listed can be found here.
Overview of databases and data sources
PEF MENDELU has access to data (databases) from different areas of economic research. If you are interested in obtaining data from one of the available databases, you are asked to contact the appropriate person. Obtaining and using the data is tied to approval from the particular contact person and the possibilities of disseminating and using the data listed in the agreement with the data provider.
Orbis has information on around 300 million companies across the globe. It’s the resource for company data and its international comparison. Use Orbis to find, analyze and compare companies for better decision making and increased efficiency. The database is available from the Financial Lab located in the building Q, room Q24 (from the main - teacher's computer). The contact person for the access to the lab is Irena Marečková email@example.com
Access to the database is only possible from Q building (computers connected to the network). The client is installed in computer study room Q, but it is possible to install it also to other computers in building Q connected to the network. The procedure for instalation is as follows:
Installation is possible only from Q building (computer connected via a network cable). Before installing a new client, you must uninstall the previous version.
- Open Windows explorer, click the “Network” icon in the left column with the right mouse button and select “connect network drive”. A table appears. Select the letter of the drive and insert \\mozart\amadeus into the folder field. Check both fields (Reconnect at logon and Connect with different credentials).
- A table for entering the user name and password appears. Put in the name: wolfgang. The password will be provided by Ing. Hana Vránová.
- In explorer (or Total Commander) in the disc selection, choose the newly created drive and select it (in explorer, the network unit can be found in the left column under the drives C, D..., the letter of the network drive corresponds to the one chosen in point 1).
- In the root directory, open the folder with the current date (January 2017).
- In the folder, you will find a file called Network Client Setup, which must be run to install the client.
- After the installation, the Client Amadeus icon will appear on the desktop. The latest version is from January 2017.
The contact person: Ing. Hana Vránová, firstname.lastname@example.org
SHARE is a multidisciplinary and cross-national panel database of micro data on health, socio-economic status and social and family networks. SHARE now covers 26 countries of the European Union as well as Switzerland and Israel. Full access to data is granted free of charge upon application.
UK DATA Service provides access to the following data:
- UK census data (1971-2011)
- UK survey data
- Cross-national survey data
- International macro databanks
- Cohort and longitudinal studies
- Business microdata
- Qualitative and mixed methods data
Access upon the registration.
Beck online legal information system.
For access to the database, use this link https://www.beck-online.cz/bo/index.seam