An integral part of scientific research is the publication of research results in quality journals. Below, you will find links to lists of reviewed and impacted periodicals which are crucial in terms of evaluating the research results.
Mendel University in Brno publishes its own journal, Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis. The journal is indexed also in the SCOPUS database. For more information on publishing opportunities, click here.
The Faculty of Business and Economics of Mendel University in Brno publishes its own reviewed journal, European Journal of Business Science and Technology. For more information about the journal and publishing opportunities, see here.
- Web of Science Journal List
- Scopus Title List
- EconLit Journal List
- List of reviewed non-impacted journals published in the Czech Republic
- List of journals with impact factor for 2014
- Handelsblatt Journal Ranking 2013
Available statistical software
For data processing and the use of advanced statistical methods, the STATA, SPSS and MATLAB software is available. A complete overview of the software at MENDELU with contact persons listed can be found here
Overview of databases and data sources
PEF MENDELU has access to data (databases) from different areas of economic research. If you are interested in obtaining data from one of the available databases, you must contact the appropriate person. Obtaining and using the data is tied to an agreement with the particular contact person and possibilities of disseminating and using the data listed in the agreement with the data provider.
Access to the database is only possible from the Q building (computers connected to the network). The procedure for accessing the database is as following:
The installation is possible only from the Q building (computer connected via a network cable). Before installing a new client, you must uninstall the previous version.
- Open the Windows explorer, click the “Network” icon in the left column with the right mouse button and select “connect network drive”. A table appears. Select the letter of the drive and insert \\mozart.mendelu.cz \amadeus into the folder field. Check both fields (Reconnect at logon and Connect with different credentials).
- A table for entering the user name and password appears. Put in the name: wolfgang. The password will be provided by Veronika Krůtilová (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- In the explorer (or Total Commander) in the disc selection, choose the newly created drive and select it (in the explorer, the network unit can be found in the left column under the drives C, D..., the letter of the network drive corresponds to the one chosen in point 1).
- In the root directory, open the folder with the current date (January 2017/Disc1).
- In the "Disc1" folder, you will find a file called Network Client Setup.exe, which must be run to install the client.
- After the installation, the Client Amadeus icon will appear on the desktop. The latest version is from January 2017.
SHARE is multidisciplinary and cross-national panel database of micro data on health, socio-economic status and social and family networks. SHARE now covers 26 countries of the European Union as well as Switzerland and Israel. The full access to data is granted free of charge upon the application.
UK DATA Service provides access to the following data:
- UK census data (1971-2011)
- UK survey data
- Cross-national survey data
- International macro databanks
- Cohort and longitudinal studies
- Business microdata
- Qualitative and mixed methods data
Access upon the registration.
Beck online legal information system
For access to the database, use this link https://www.beck-online.cz/bo/index.seam