RESEARCH CENTRE CONFERENCE 2010
Call for Papers
Financial and Economic Crisis: Causes, Consequences and the Future
November 25 - 26, 2010
The financial and economic crisis and its aftermath changed the economic and political landscape around the world. Its impact on international economic relations in general and the differential impact on the national economies in Europe pose a key challenge for both the European and national institutions.
- Causes of Financial crisis: Interest rates, International Imbalances and the Great Moderation ("Minsky Effect")
- Trade and financial flows: Savings - consumption imbalance
- Macroeconomic Performance: Core and Periphery in EU
- Eurozone in Distress: Fiscal Issues and Competitiveness
- Back to the Future: Can the Essence of Globalization and Its Benefits -- Free Trade and Capital Flows - be preserved?
- Fiscal and Monetary Arrangements in the (hopefully) Post-Crisis Environment?
- Regulations of financial institutions
- CEE economies: Similarities and specifics to other regions
- CEE economies: The Need for a New Policy Paradigm?
The Format of the Conference:
The language of the conference will be English. Chosen papers will be presented in 7-8 sessions. Each presentation will be discussed. Selected papers and discussion contributions will be published in the form of a book.
Conference will take place on the premises of the Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic. For the contributing participants, rooms will be reserved in Brno hotels. Registration costs (which do not include travel and lodging) are estimated today at Euro 200.
Organizing Committee: Prof. Antonin Rusek, Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, PA 17870, USA; Prof. Dr. Jarko Fidrmuc, University of Munich, Germany; Iikka Korhonen, Bank of Finland, Finland
Lubor Lacina, Mendel University, Brno, Czech Republic; Petr Rozmahel, Mendel University, Brno, Czech Republic
Deadline for submitting abstracts (350-500 words) July 30th, 2010
Notice of Acceptance August 27th, 2010
Submission of the full paper: November 1st, 2010